Fair Work Act 2009
Fair Work Australia is the national workplace relations tribunal. It is an independent body with power to carry out a range of functions relating to:
- the safety net of minimum wages and employment conditions
- enterprise bargaining
- industrial action
- dispute resolution
- termination of employment
- other workplace matters.
Visit “Fair Work online” to learn about things every employer should know including:
- what you're covered by, types of employment, discrimination and adverse actions and workplace inspections.
- pay, leave & conditions - what you should pay employees, awards and agreements, minimum conditions, leave and more.
- record-keeping - pay slips, time and wages records and conducting a self-audit to check you're doing everything right.
- termination of employment - making sure a dismissal is fair and lawful, the small business Fair Dismissal Code, redundancy, notice periods and more.
- unions - how to bargain with unions and union visits and meetings.
- get help with workplace disputes - mediation and complaints.
- industrial action - what happens during industrial action, resolving industrial action and more.
- the new Fair Work system - all about the new system, what it means, what changes have been made and more.
Also visit the Fair Work for Small Business page delivered by the Council of Small Business of Australia (COSBOA) and Telstra Business. The website gives businesses free access to a wide range of information about the new Fair Work Act in plain language.