All businesses benefit from a marketing plan.
A marketing plan should answer these questions:
- what is unique about my product / service?
- who are my customers?
- what do my customers want or need?
- what need will my product / service fulfill?
- why will customers buy from me and not my competitors?
To develop your marketing plan, cover:
Small business marketing tips
- Review and adjust marketing strategies to meet changing situations
- Focus on needs and expectations of existing and potential customers
- Find a niche – small businesses succeed by offering something different
- Look for promotional opportunities that fit business strategies
- Build networks to promote the business and its reputation.
Visit the marketing module of the Small Business Tool Kit for further information, quizzes, case studies and interactive market planning tools.